Wibu Codemeter Dongle ID
If dongle activation assistance is required please contact us and provide your Wibu dongle ID shown as shown below:
Updating a Wibu Codemeter Dongle
An internet connection is required:
- Remove any other Wibu dongles from the computer, e.g. EnCase, FTK.
- Insert your MIP Wibu CodeMeter dongle.
- Run the GetData LicenseManager.exe (located in the MIP install folder or download it here).
» To Apply a New License to a Dongle
- With your dongle inserted and visible in the left hand Dongles column of the License Manager, click the ADD button.
- In the Search window, enter the license key, in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and click the Search button (the License Manager uses port 443 to connect with the activation server).
- The License Manager will then communicate with the GetData activation server to locate your license. Available licenses will be listed.
- Selected the required license from the list and click the Apply button.
- The License Manager will now communicate with the dongle and write the license to it. The Debug Log will report the status.
- Returning to the License Manager main screen, you should now see your license listed.
» Extending the Maintenance Period of a Dongle
- Do NOT remove your existing FEX or MIP license from the dongle. Maintenance is added to the existing license.
- When you purchase a maintenance renewal you will receive a separate license key at the time of purchase. Click the Add button and then Search for the maintenance renewal license key.
- Once located, click the Apply button to write the new maintenance date to the dongle.
- The updated dongle maintenance date should now be shown in the License Manager main screen.
Visit the Wibu Codemeter website for additional FAQ